Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Five

So I was going to wait to write this until I had some more pictures, but it's been a few days and I've been lax so this one is a bit visually boring.

For the last four days I have been visiting with Gabe's five siblings and parents in Chicago. While life has been hectic, it's been really nice to know all the rest of his familia.





































1. Water parks are awesome. Specifically, Noah's Ark in Wisconsin Dells. I was worried that I have been aging and perhaps my stomach would be less strong than the last time I was in a water park, or maybe my nerves would give out on me and I wouldn't conquer every last ride available. As it turns out, I has fun doing all the biggest and scariest slides and even had the cojones to ride two that Gabe wouldn't do. Ten stories straight down? Vertical loop-the-loop? No hay problema. Six Flags, here I come tomorrow.

2. Gabe's family is big and loud, which is different from my family, but there is a lot of love to go around. His siblings are all smart, driven, interesting people and his parents are both super caring and have lots of wisdom. The family dog may be a bit porky but he's very friendly regardless. Special thanks to Charity for letting us crash her bedroom while she sleeps on an air mattress.

3.  Chicago is a bit, brash city with a lot of people. So far we have been hanging out with the family and not exploring the city, but we're going to do some of that later in the week and report back. It's nice to be in civilization and be able to put our bags down for a week. I have seen Wrigley Field (from the outside), the L train and Millenium Park including the Bean. I also ate a Chicago Dog and it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment