Saturday, July 5, 2014

Eight

I spent the last couple of weeks hanging out in Colorado Springs, riding my bike and hanging out with friends and family. We were staying in the house of Steve, who was kind enough to let us hang out with Cloud & Murphy while he was working. Combined with Stone, who belongs to Steve's landlord, they are a hilarious, cuddly and energetic force.





Until later in July, I'm back in Victoria working. (Thanks Jessie and Natalie for letting me crash your pads!). My first day at work was a bit tough with exactly 300 emails waiting but I am looking forward to getting some good sushi and enjoying the humidity for a few weeks.

Once I am back in Colorado, I have big plans to see as much of the state as I can and also prepare as much as I can for Burning Man. Here are my top ten goals for August. Let me know if you have any other suggestions!

1. Hike Pikes Peak in two days / one night, camping part way up, with Gabe.
2. Do one other backpacking trip, time & place TBD.

3. Put together an awesome Burning Man bike. Like, really awesome.
4. Make some kind of shade structure for Burning Man that will keep our tent cool and livable during the day.

5. Put together a Free Mugs stand and acquire 100+ cheap mugs for people who don't have cups.
6. Ride my bike at least 100 km in one day.

7. Ride a horse.
8. Take at least 100 pictures.
























9. Visit Boulder and Steamboat with my parents and Gabe and do some rad hiking and hot springs'ing.
10. Visit the Broadmoor hotel in the day time and wander around.

No comments:

Post a Comment